Wednesday, May 11, 2011

winwin

Losing isn't a necessary part of life, unless you see life as a challenge, a contest, a game, whatever. Only then, and that only because the definition has shifted from life to something smaller. Those who fight and run away live to fight another day; make a note of that, because it's the very definition of how not to lose. You can also avoid competition in the first place, but I haven't ever heard a couplet about that and don't feel like making one up right now.

Win does have a nice sound to it though. Sort of breezy, onomatopœically speaking, sort of leaping up into the air, sort of gee whiz it's great to be alive. But again, this only applies if you care, one way or another.

I think I may be depressed. I mean, I take the drugs and all, but I think I'm still depressed anyway because I have all the symptoms they mention in the TV commercials except for the attempted suicide part and the having a lego-me with a librarian's wardrobe part. I guess that's good, the not having the lego-me and the not trying to off myself. To be perfect honest I do not give a red rat's ass, but if pressed for a value judgment, I'd probably go with good just to shut you up.

Don't be offended. My opinion really doesn't matter, and keep in mind it's the opinion of someone who doesn't even know if she's depressed. You really don't want someone like that ~ someone who sleeps all damn day and therefore can't sleep at night but it doesn't matter because there's no place to go, no one to meet ~ to be in charge of your self-esteem.

I'm sure you're a very nice person, model citizen, cute, good dresser, thoughtful, whatever. But again ~ my opinion.

I certainly wouldn't call anyone else a loser. Not really my style, if I can be said to have a style beyond whining and passive-aggressive poking at you to tell me how terrific I am and so forth. I mean, in my world, everyone who wants to be one is a winner. This may get confusing if you're in a hibachi baseball league, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Is there any pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment