Tuesday, April 26, 2011

In The BEGINNING

I have a lot of friends who are writers and, like myself and everyone I know who does this, occasionally we get stuck. I took a workshop with the amazing Tracy Erin Smith, and this was one of her exercises to get the "creative juices" flowing.

The Idea is simple enough. We provide the Topic.  Set a timer to 10 Minutes.  Put a pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard and start writing. Stop writing when the timer goes off.

In regards to the topic...Anything you write on it is fine. The broadest possible  definitions, to the narrowest. Maybe just the word will trigger it. Non-Fiction, Fiction, Prose or Poetry. No judgement. No rules...except the 10 minute one... and there can be exceptions to even that one...later.

SO let me know if you're interested and I'll add you to the editor list so you can post. If it works for you tell your friends...

Today's 10 Minute Topic is , appropriately enough, BEGINNINGS...And that's my 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment